Thursday, June 18, 2009

JB is Finally Aboard

Hello All,

I would first like to thank everyone for allowing me to participate in this awesome group of weather enthusiasts. My name is John Brown but go by "JB" to avoid all the jokes and songs that come with my real name. I have been a weather nerd since I was a young kid and always will be. I am currently an old 25 years of age who's passion for the weather continues to grow. I lived in Hueytown, AL when the F5 super tornado struck Oak Grove, AL just 15 miles to the west in April of 1998. That experience throttled my fascination with severe weather. I graduated from Mtn. Brook High School in 2001 and went to Auburn University for a short 7 years of fun. I graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Minor in Business Administration. I moved back to Birmingham and decided to take on a new hobby of storm chasing. Luckily I met up with a great guy, Mike Wilhelm, and have created a great friendship and love for chasing severe weather in Alabama since. I currently am the founder of Severe Alabama Wx and The Weather Forum. I have partnered up with James Spann of ABC 33/40 in Birmingham, AL and Josh Johnson with WSFA in Montgomery, AL to carry live streaming video from the field to the viewers during outbreaks. I had several great chases this past spring and can't wait till things get cranking again. I look forward to contributing to this blog and look forward to meeting the members who encompass it in the future.

Sincerely,
JB

5 comments:

Dewdrop said...

Welcome aboard, JB! Glad to have you on the team!

Wayfarer said...

Bout time Bro! Glad to have ya on board. Hoping to get back up and chase some more this year!!

Mike Wilhelm said...

Welcome! Hope to get some more weather to hog away from the others!

Wayfarer said...

So cold Mike...so cold...LOLOL!!

Michael said...

Welcome! Welcome to a great team.