Thursday, June 7, 2007

Chase Day #1 -- Funnel Clouds, not bad!

First and foremost, a huge thank you to Mr. Reid for his support and radar captures during my first chase. You rock, Dr. BS!!! What a rush today was soaring across the hills of SD chasing supercells and subsequently running from them. I did see 3 funnels (yes, 3!) under one meso forming out of a relatively young wall cloud. It is so awesome to see the radar captures to show what we saw. Fabulous! It was an awesome day. I am working on a chase log for it right now, but there is so much to write about, and we have an early start tomorrow, chasing the high risk in WI...?!

Here is a picture of the group (l to r -- Brad, Karen, Beau, Eric, Peggy, me, Hubby, Melanie, Mike) of us in front of the TIV (Tornado Intercept Vehicle). This thing was a piece of work, and according to them, it had intercepted 7 tornadoes. It lowers to the ground to preclude airflow underneath. Major chaser convergence, including this group, the Outlaw Chasers and Tim Samaras, in Murdo, SD, let me know we were definitely on track, even got to see a doppler on wheels.

I'm going to work on my chase log on my blog. Please check there for updates.

~Dew


Thanks again Jay for the chase assist.

No comments: