Thursday, January 10, 2008

Alabama Mike is going live again!!!

What an incredible system, producing a huge amount of tornadic supercells all over Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee. One long lived cell is heading straight for Alabama Mike's neck of the woods, quite literally, and he has left work a little early to do a little chasing. Last time I checked, there were 10 warned cells out there at once. What a day! I will only be able to provide limited data support to Mike, but I am sure with the rest of the team pitching in, we should be able to keep him covered. Here are some shots of the cell he is planning to go after.I'll post updates as I get them. Be safe, Mike!

Two tornado reports now, for cities it has passed through...
1813 SALLIS, ATTALA COUNTY, MS ONE BARN AND 3 OTHER STRUCTURES HEAVILY DAMAGED.
1843 MCCOOL, ATTALA COUNTY, MS ONE OLD STORE DESTROYED AND ROOF DAMAGE TO ANOTHER STRUCTURE.


1515 Update: Just counted 14 tornado warnings... wow! ... and here is Mike's still heading his way... ... and there was just a report that there is a significant tornado with MAJOR damage. Tornado emergency for Vernon County. This folks, is headed right for Alabama Mike... Uh oh, don't tell me... no... say it isn't so... not.......the Mikevoid!

14 tornado reports at last look... January... wow.
~Dew

1 comment:

Mike Wilhelm said...

Great coverage Dew!~ I waited and waited and they fell apart as they approached....

Then I had a surprise tornado warning for a small funnel that came out of nowhere 5 miles to my ssw....

I will post more later .... probably tonight...