Monday, June 16, 2008

Georgia Meets south Florida... and south Florida shows off!!!

Lots of excitement on my trip to Miami with bf... First off, we saw the remnants of a water spout gone tornado (actually listed as one of the 4 tornado reports on Friday, June 13th!!! A HUGE thank you to Chris Collura who let me know that the cone funnel I was telling him about was actually a tornado just moments before!!! That rocks!!!) Anyways, it started out with some nice convection while we were exploring the National Hurricane Center (had to go there)... ...and later turned into... Not such an "unlucky day" for me. :O) I swear, bf is a magnet for cool weather stuff. Great chase partner, huh? It was so out of the blue though... we came around a turn and there it was... a beautiful cone funnel, which quickly dissipated into what you see above. For the full story, check out my blog at dewdropweather.com. Anyways, Here is the storm report map showing a tornado report on Miami Beach, you know the one that we saw!!!... and here is the local storm report. :O)
PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
317 PM EDT FRI JUN 13 2008

0203 PM TORNADO 3 NNE MIAMI BEACH 25.85N 80.12W
06/13/2008 MIAMI-DADE FL LAW ENFORCEMENT

MIAMI BEACH POLICE OFFICER REPORTED A WATER SPOUT MOVING ONSHORE NEAR 64 STREET. WATER SPOUT LIKELY DISSIPATED AS IT REACHED THE SHORELINE WITH NO DAMAGE REPORTED.

Of course, then we met Jeff, which was terrific. He led us to this great place called "The Original Hurricane Grill & Wings". Couldn't have been a better spot for convergence. It was a TERRIFIC time!!! Great to finally meet you, Jeff!!~Dew

2 comments:

Mike Wilhelm said...

So totally awesome! My 80's lingo is really coming through here, but I don't know what else to say. And you have a tornado magnet storm chaser in the making that will put the DEWv*%d to shame. :o)

Dewdrop said...

Totally tubular... like gag me with a spoon... lol... radical. You crack me up. I definitely have a weather magnet as a chase partner, great counter for the cough cough... Dewv@!d... No complaints here.