Friday, July 27, 2007

Carolina Mike gets HAIL!

Just got a note from Carolina Mike that he was getting hail, and that immediately followed a meso discussion (#1595) that said that it might happen (way to call it SPC... I think that was a couple of seconds lead time...). There are severe thunderstorm warned cells all around him, but a watch is "unlikely"... go figure. Feel free to click on the graphic to read the MD. I went ahead and grabbed a picture of what he has now. Poor Mike is stuck on the afternoon/evening shift during summer thunderstorm season. Who schedules a storm chaser to do that...? Poor guy is forced to stand out on the flight-line and just watch... and I thought I had it bad. At least, I'm not constantly being teased. Here's your storm, Mike. Save some hail for me, please. ;-) Sorry about your shift, man.

Update 3:10: Can you say... SUPERCELLS?!








~Dew

5 comments:

Michael Detwiler said...

big ol' cells! :)

Good job Dew....

Wayfarer said...

Hey Dew..Mike got to actually see hail....;-P

Dewdrop said...

Thanks, Michael. It was a nice system that went over him. Being that he was over an open area, he should have been able to see some great structure. I haven't gotten an update yet.

Yeah Rick, I know. No need to rub it in. ;-P

Michael said...

Hey guys! It was hard to make out structure. A nice cell just hit us at the base, but other areas west really got hit!

I have tried my best to get off of this dog gone shift, but no luck!

sigh.....

Dewdrop said...

Sigh, indeed.