Monday, August 13, 2007

Looking ahead to Dean


I have no doubt in my mind that as I write this Dean is becoming a tropical depression. Within days we will have a major hurricane traversing the Atlantic on its way toward the Caribbean.

Where will it end up? No one knows, but now the GFS is placing it on the northern Mexican coast late next week. It looks like the GFS keeps our heat bubble ridge in place and shunts the storm to the west.

It is way too early to tell but there is no doubt that we will have lots to watch and talk about over the next two weeks!

5 comments:

William Eunice said...

Looking some like the blob between the Yucatan and Cuba might stir up some interest even sooner.

Mike Wilhelm said...

I wouldn't doubt that either! I think the one in the Atlantic may end up being more significant in the long run, though.

Dewdrop said...

91L!!! Definitely a race to see which one gets Dean first... but we could go ahead and get Erin right away... I'd be cool with that! ;-)

Mike Wilhelm said...

I'm good with a brother/sister combo going at once, Dean and Erin!

Dewdrop said...

Wouldn't that be COOL?!